- Software Engineer at Google NYC (2019 - present)
- Founder and Co-Organizer of NYC Computational Social Science
- Art Nerd
- PhD in Information Science at Cornell Tech (2014 - 2019) [Dissertation]
- Committee: Mor Naaman (chair), Karen Levy, Serge Belongie, Jeff Hancock
- Research Topics: Trust, Computational Social Science, HCI, CSCW.
- Minor: Computer Science
- Research Intern at Facebook, Core Data Science, Menlo Park (2018)
- Research Intern at Facebook, New York (2017)
- Research Intern at Airbnb, San Francisco (2016)
- Electronics Engineering Undergrad at Peking University, Beijing (2010-2014)
- Feb, 2020: Registered for CHI between April 25-30, 2020. See you in Hawaii.
- Sep, 2019: Joined Google NYC as a software engineer working on bridging Geo search and Google Assistant.
- Jul, 2019: Defended my PhD -- officially Dr. Ma.
I sometimes give talks on computationally predicting interpersonal trust, e.g., at CHI, CSCW, Grace Hopper Celebration 2019, and in the video above -- LDV Vision Summit 2019 -- on understanding image quality and trust in online peer-to-peer marketplaces. For a complete list of talks, see here. Email for details.
xiao at jacobs o cornell o edu