- PhD Candidate in Information Science at Cornell Tech (2014 - present)
- Advisor: Mor Naaman
- Minor: Computer Science
- UX Research Intern at Facebook, New York (Summer 2017)
- UX Research Intern at Airbnb, San Francisco (Summer 2016)
- Electronics Engineering Undergrad at Peking University, Beijing (2010-2014)
- A Computational Approach to Perceived Trustworthiness of Airbnb Host Profiles. Xiao Ma, Trishala Neeraj, Mor Naaman. ICWSM 2017. [pdf] [dataset] [details]
- Self-disclosure and Perceived Trustworthiness of Airbnb Host Profiles. Xiao Ma, Jeff Hancock, Kenneth Lim Mingjie, and Mor Naaman. CSCW 2017. Honorable Mention for Best Paper. [pdf] [slides] [details] [media]
- What Happens in happn? The Warranting Power of Location History. Xiao Ma, Emily Sun, and Mor Naaman. CSCW 2017. [pdf] [slides] [details]
- "People are Either too Fake or too Real": Opportunities and Challenges in Tie-based Anonymity. Xiao Ma, Nazanin Andalibi, Louise Barkhuus, Mor Naaman. CHI 2017. [pdf] [slides] [details]
- Anonymity, Intimacy and Self-Disclosure in Social Media. Xiao Ma, Jeff Hancock, Mor Naaman. CHI 2016. [pdf] [slides] [details]
- Dec 2017 Paper accepted at WWW.
- Feb 2017 Poster accepted at ICWSM.
- Jan 2017 Honorable Mention for Best Paper at CSCW.
- Jan 2017 Recognized as Facebook PhD Fellowship finalist.
CHI 2017: ACM CHI Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems
- Apr 2017 WWW 2018, Lyon, France
- May 2017 ICWSM 2017, Montreal, Canada
- May 2017 CHI 2017, Denver, CO
- Feb 2017 CSCW 2017, Portland, OR
- May 2016 CHI 2016, San Jose, CA
- Feb 2016 CSCW 2016, San Francisco, CA
- Jan - Mar 2016 Visiting Stanford University, Palo Alto, CA
- Jan 12, 2016 Talk @ Haifa University, Israel
Things dear to heart
- Black clothes