August 08, 2021
- Mean Sandwich: as the title suggests.
- Seattle Fish Guys: generously portioned fresh poke bowls with great prices.
- Reckless Noodles House and Cocktails: a perfect bowl of curry vermicelli bowl with inventive cocktails containing ingredients such as house-made red bell pepper shrub.
- Schmaltzy’s Delicatessen: ahh latke press sandwiches with pastrami / vegetarian options.
- mioposto: open-flame pizza. $8 happy hour zucca balsamica pizza is to die for.
- Spice Waala: chicken tikka roll and masala chai make a great lunch combo.
- Local Tide: japanese seafood sandwiches.
- Yoroshiku: modern japanese izakaya.
- Kamonegi: soba house with a sake bar in a garden next door.
- Oddfellows Café + Bar: solid brunch, always.
The Walrus and the Carpenter: oysters and new American plates.
Brimmer & Heeltap: delightful neighborhood cafe / bar / wine shop / restaurant with a garden. new american.
A’Town Bistro: hidden jem at anacortes right before the ferry. everything is locally sourced, bright, fresh, and tasty.
Carnal: somehow the chefs worked at some of the most well known restaurants in NYC including Eleven Madison Park.
Coffee & Pastries
- Cafe Besalu: savory and sweet croissants and quiches.
- Broadcast Coffee: espresso and tonic-based coffee “cocktails”.
- Analog Coffee: hibiscus cold brew — and i like the name of the coffee shop. music is always good.
- Camber: espresso/tea-based “cocktails”, e.g., “The Golden Hour - Our coffee version of a classic shandy made with flash brewed iced coffee, fresh squeezed orange & lemon juice, and a whisper of sweetness.”
- Hello Em Việt Coffee & Roastery: egg creme over vietnamese coffee and durian cloud mochi.
Bars & Wine Shops
Baker’s: neighborhood cocktail bar with a really quite garden.
Fair Isle: saisons, oak-aged beer, great graphical design as well.
Portalis Wine Shop: neighborhood wine shop with great imports from europe.
Wide Eyed Wines: cap hill wine store with lots of natural wine selections.
Le Caviste: small wine bar specializing in French wines.
- Woodland Mod: minimalist and modern, nordic influenced designs.
- Inform Interiors: high-end home design store.
- Glasswing Shop: clothing, personal care, plants.
- Big Little News: great selection of design and other magazines.
- Wall of Sound: indie, ambient, electronic music store.
- Peter Miller Architecture And Design Books: design, architecture books.
- Flora And Henri: home boutique.
- Kirk Albert Vintage Furnishings: high-end vintage furniture.
Views are mine. On Twitter as @infoxiao